Organizational Structure of Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.
In addition to the General Meeting of Shareholders, the Board of Directors, the Chairman and Representative Director and the President and Representative Director, as well as the Strategic Management Committee, which is a decision-making body also responsible for deliberating on significant matters related to business execution, Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings has established the following entities within its organizational structure.
- (1) Internal Audit Office
- The Internal Audit Office verifies, evaluates and makes recommendations from an independent standpoint regarding whether or not the organization is being managed in an appropriate and rational manner based on the internal control rules for conducting businesses throughout the Group.
- (2) Strategic Planning Headquarters
- The Strategic Planning Headquarters is comprised of the Corporate Planning Division, Personnel Management Division and Business Development Division.
1) Corporate Planning Division
The Corporate Planning Division fulfills the control function for operating overall management plans, including the Group-wide management strategy and organizational structure, and also devises and promotes operations related to the group-wide information system and card business.
2) Personnel Management Division
The Personnel Management Division carries out planning and management related to personnel affairs across the Group.
3) Business Development Division
The Business Development Division plans and conducts business operations related to new profit-generating business development and store development that utilize group marketing.
- (3) The Administration Headquarters is comprised of the General Administration Division, Business Coordination Division and Finance & Accounting Division.
- 1) General Administration Division
The General Administration Division handles overall general administration activities (CSR, investor relations, public relations, secretarial duties, legal affairs and stock).
2) Business Coordination Division
The Business Coordination Division devises and manages medium- and long-term plans for the administration of properties, facilities environment and logistics operations in order to make efficient use of assets and make decisions on investment priorities based on the Group’s overall optimization. The division also promotes shared services.
3) Finance & Accounting Division
The Finance & Accounting Division carries out financial and accounting operations of the Group as well as accounting operations of respective Group companies, including Isetan Mitsukoshi and regional department store subsidiaries, as well as sales accounting operations related to the department store business.
- (4) The Affiliated Business Headquarters is comprised of Domestic Subsidiaries & Affiliates Control Division and the International Business Division.
- 1) Domestic Subsidiaries & Affiliates Control Division
The Domestic Subsidiaries & Affiliates Control Division devises plans for the Group’s new domestic affiliated businesses in addition to formulating and promoting business strategies for the respective companies of the domestic affiliated businesses.
2) International Business Division
The International Business Division formulates policies and plans for the Group’s overseas businesses, including new store openings, and is also responsible for overseeing overall operations related to overseas business as well as business management and sales support for respective overseas companies.
- (5) The Department Store Business Planning & Operations Headquarters is comprised of the Business Planning Division, Store Policy Division, Advertising & Sales Promotions Division, Merchandising Strategy Division, Local & Branch Stores Division and Online Business Division.
- 1) Business Planning Division
The Business Planning Division is responsible for carrying out operations such as formulating sales measures with a focus on the department store business, as well as devising and promoting measures for client and card policies. The division also conducts oversight and control of marketing functions.
2) Store Policy Division
The Store Policy Division devises and promotes measures related to stores, including the sales system, the personnel system and remodeling. The division also develops internal regulations and rules, devises and promotes responses to and preventative measures for accidents, and conducts compliance education.
3) Advertising & Sales Promotions Division
The Advertising ＆ Sales Promotions Division devises Group-wide advertising plans, including flagship stores and branch stores, as well as plans and implements events and displays.
4) Merchandising Strategy Division
The Merchandising Strategy Division is responsible for overall measures related to merchandising. This division carries out planning and promotion of measures related to productivity improvement, implements structural reform of the supply chain and devises and promotes sales plans. It is also responsible for quality control and managing product counting, operating overseas business offices and devising and promoting gift policies.
5) Local & Branch Stores Division
The Local & Branch Stores Division devises plans for new store development and store openings, including small-size stores, in order to build a business model toward vitalizing branch stores and domestic Group department stores. This division also compiles respective stores’ sales and marketing plans, provides support for seasonal remodeling and develops new merchandise.
6) Online Business Division
The Online Business Division formulates group-wide strategy for the WEB business, promotes fulfillment of requirements and systemization, promotes and controls the WEB media strategy and plans and develops new WEB media.
Corporate Data of Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings
|Company name||Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings Ltd.|
|Headquarters||Head office: 5-16-10, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
|Common stock||¥50,118million(as of March31,2013)|